Wednesday, March 24, 2010

the metablog

It's happened: I've begun dreaming about my blog. 
Isn't that one of the cues for the postmodern apocalypse? 
I'm blogging about my dreams, and dreaming about my blogs, and blogging about my dreams in the blog I have in my dreams. Dreamblog, blogdream. Metablog, metadream. Metablogdream (yeah, that's a word, I have the authority to say so).

Last night in my nocturnal, unconscious reality, a friend of mine called me from another province while I was in the library. She offered me a virtual reality book deal, as in, I would write a book based on my blog (sounds riveting!) that would be distributed directly to the Canadian population's collective unconscious. 

Then I dreamed that I bought a male friend of mine an outfit from ML. I boxed it up nicely and everything. Some nice khakis, a black miniskirt to layer over top of the khakis, and one item that we actually sell at the store: an extremely stretchy textured black and white floral short-sleeved turtleneck. I thought it would give his wardrobe some variety. I guessed that his pant size was 34x34, but later in the day when I was sneakily snuggling with him I peaked at the size of the pants he was wearing (a size that was displayed, obviously, inside the neck of his polo shirt) and discovered that they were 40x40. I started to rue the fashion industry and how it destroys men's self-esteem. Then I told all the loud people in the library to stop being assholes and wrote a blog about my social courage. 

Would you rather I gift you with a boxed set of women's clothing, or with my never-ending self-conscious inner narrative? 

No comments:

Post a Comment