Thursday, April 8, 2010

a small anecdote

This was the dominant scene of last night's dreamscape:

I stood in the corner of my kitchen while my father decided what to make for dinner. He told me all the options and I gave my opinions, but he didn't seem to be paying any attention to them. Then he seemed to have made up his mind and reached for a skillet. I knew something wasn't right; I could feel a sense of impending doom mounting in the air. All my fears and misgivings were dead-on, because the next thing I knew dad was reaching into the fridge and pulling out a carton of eggs.

"Omelette for supper! Breakfast as dinner night!"

"Nooooo00000!" I screamed, hearkening back to Anakin Skywalker in Episode 3 and thereby making all living things shudder in sheer horror. But again, dad was deaf to my cries of despair. I racked my brain, trying to force myself to conceive of a way out of this situation that was worse than death. 

Saved by the bell. Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment